MTS Announces 2022 AGM Results
MOSCOW, Russia — Mobile TeleSystems Public Joint Stock Company («MTS» or «the Company») (NYSE: MBT; MOEX: MTSS), Russia’s largest mobile operator and a leading provider of media and digital services, announces the decisions reached at the Company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (the «AGM») held in absentia on June 22, 2022.
At the meeting, the following resolutions were adopted:
- To approve final annual dividends of RUB 33.85 per ordinary MTS share, or in total RUB 66.33 bn (RUB 66 334 910 976,95), based on the Company’s full-year 2021 financial results with a record date of July 12, 2022 and payout to be completed on or before August 16, 2022;
- To approve the Company’s Annual Report and Annual Financial Statements, including Profit & Loss Statement;
- To elect to the MTS Board of Directors:
- Felix Evtushenkov;
- Artyom Zassoursky;
- Vyacheslav Nikolaev;
- Paul Berriman;
- Regina von Flemming;
- Shaygan Kheradpir;
- Thomas Holtrop;
- Nadia Shouraboura; and
- Valentin Yumashev.
- To elect the members of the Company’s Auditing Commission;
- To approve Business Solutions and Technologies JSC as MTS’s auditor; and
- To approve the MTS Charter as revised.
Biography of a new Board Member
Paul Berriman is an Independent Director of telecommunications operator Spark New Zealand, as well as an Independent Director and Chairman of the Technical Committee of Rain Network Holdings (Pty) South Africa. In addition, he serves as a Director of Contactica Ltd. and is an advisor to IX Acquisitions Corp. and a member of the IT Management Subcommittee of the Hong Kong Management Association. In 2003-2021, he worked as Chief Technical Director of PCCW and HKT.
Mr. Berriman graduated from the University of Salford in 1979 with a Bachelor of Electroacoustics and also holds an MBA from the University of Hong Kong.